TRADE SERVICES MANAGER
The UK-Ghana Chamber of Commerce (UKGCC) was established in 2016 to facilitate and promote bilateral trade between the UK and Ghana. At the heart of the UKGCC therefore we champion the idea of partnerships and enhancing professional relationships between the UK and Ghana with a strong focus on increasing bilateral trade between the two nations.
The UKGCC is looking to recruit a Trade Services Manager. The ideal candidate must be highly organised, self-starter with a strategic approach to developing business links. Applicants must have a good knowledge of the business/economic environment in Ghana and the UK. The ability to work with limited supervision on multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines is essential. Candidates must be strong team players who can work collaboratively on multiple projects including with virtual teams.
Direct and manage the development of trade services for the UKGCC’s members and external stakeholders. The role requires the regular monitoring of the business enabling environment both in Ghana and the UK.
• To conduct data collection and analysis for the purpose of identifying new leads for international trade services and membership;
• To provide event co-ordination for both, inward delegations to Ghana and outward delegations to the UK to maximise opportunities and increase the impact of inward and outward trade missions;
• To assist with the development and delivery of new & existing international trade Services;
• To provide support and/or lead on internal related projects aimed at improving the UKGCC team’s business intelligence, service delivery and overall membership engagement;
• Conduct regular environmental scanning to identify key strategic, social and political issues to provide direction for the UKGCC’s annual work plan;
• Ensure timely and accurate reporting on economic and sector developments in Ghana and the UK relevant to trade, working closely with the UKGCC’s partners to identify the barriers to business;
• Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the public and private sectors and civil society organisations whilst at the same time identifying commercial opportunities for the UKGCC’s members and monitor/record follow up activity;
• Support the Executive Director in crafting Business to Business strategies that will be supported by comprehensive programmes to deliver on the UKGCC’s annual objectives;
Required Skills and Qualifications
• A Bachelor’s degree is essential
• A second degree may be an added advantage
• A minimum of 10 years work experience in related roles.
• A proven track record of nurturing projects from concept to reality.
• Excellent communication skills in English with well developed research and report writing skills.
• Must be highly computer literate
• Must have numeracy and budget management abilities.
• Must have a strong work ethic with an ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
• Must be resourceful in solving problems.
• Must have good interpersonal skills and be comfortable dealing with high level officials.
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
Application deadline: 04 October 2019
Type of Position: Permanent
Reports to: Executive Director
Email your cv with cover letter addressed to The Executive Director, stating your salary expectations to [email protected] by Friday, 27 September 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The successful candidate will go through a reference checking and security clearances process.