MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS DEVELOPMENT AND GHANA RAILWAY DEVELOPMENT
DEVELOPMENT OF THE EASTERN RAILWAY LINE PROJECT ON A BUILD OPERATE TRANSFER (BOT) BASIS
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIVE TENDERING (ICT)
The concept is to develop the Eastern Railway Line (i.e. from Tema Port/Accra to Kumasi) to modern standards in order to provide an alternative, faster, safer and more efficient mode of transportation for freight and passenger services. The implementation of the Eastern Railway Line Project will include the financing, development, construction, operation and maintenance of the 330km line as well as the provision of rolling stock, station upgrades, signalling and communication equipment.
It is expected that the Eastern Railway Line Project when implemented would:
- Provide an efficient and safer alternative to the road network, which is already congested;
- Enhance Ghana’s role as a transit corridor to landlocked neighbouring countries;
- Enhance socio-economic and commercial development in the Ashanti Region and the Eastern Corridor; and;
- Improve services to customers and reduce the cost of transport especially in trade to and from the hinterland and the Northern regions of Ghana.
Government of Ghana through the Ministry of Railways Development is therefore inviting prospective bidders (“firms”) to express their interest for the development of this PPP Project. The Expression of Interest should demonstrate the following:
- The financial strength/capacity of the prospective bidder;
- The prospective bidder’s technical experience/capacity in carrying out the above project on a BoT basis; and
- Past experience of similar project.
Bidders may form consortiums with other firms to enhance their qualification and must include significant level of Ghanaian participation.
Expression of Interest must be hand-delivered by 15:00 hours GMT on Friday, 23 February 2018.
Interested bidders may obtain further information here.